Thursday, December 23, 2010

I held the Bebe'!


I finally got to hold the little peanut yesterday. How did it go? Well...she was passed from Grandma, to Grandma, to Grandpa, all the while just as serene and cherubic as can be. Then my turn. She felt so good in my arms, all warm and soft, and she smelled good. Success! And what's that I see?... A little smile?... She's smiling for me! No wait, its turning into a yawn. I'll take a yawn. That's pretty cute too, eh?.... Up, no, wait. Here we go. There's going to be crying. Yes folks. Crying. A self-fulfilled prophecy. (Spell check! Is it me, or is it hard to stop putting l's in fulllfilleld? I digress) Well, in my defense, it was feeding time. (Is that what they call it? Sounds like a farm chore, or something) Anyway it was time for her to eat. And I certainly didn't have her lunch..... Meh, I'm down with that. I'd probably cry too.

It's funny, when I first found out Jeremy and Darla were going to have a kid. It blew my mind! My BROTHER, a DAD?! My best friend, whom I've known since she was 11 and wasn't even shaving her legs yet, buying maternity clothes?! And even before Iley came, as recent as last week, I couldn't quite wrap my head around this new little person in the family. And I can usually wrap my head around things pretty easy (It's a pretty neat trick. I'll have to get a picture sometime.) But when I walked into the hospital room yesterday and saw the three of them there, nothing ever felt so 'right'. They are a family. Just the three of them. And THAT blew me away, in a good way, even more than before. I didn't cry when I first saw Iley. But I got really choked up when I saw the three of them together. Three of the people I care most for in the world feeling happy, safe and loved. Does life get any better? I submit that it cannot. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment