After much fashion advice from Lala, I finally had the nerve to wear my new bling-ey necklace to the meeting last Sunday. (Darla, I think next time I'll try a higher neckline with an open jacket. I tried it with the button up but felt way too stuffy) My, my you would think the circus had come to town! Suffice to say the necklace was a hit. I just really didn't think it would stir up that much excitement. I even had the older brothers stopping me in the isle to get a closer look at that necklace. It was a riot! One of the sisters in our hall with the biggest personality said she could never pull off wearing something like it. I said 'pish-posh' and let her wear the necklace... for a few minutes. (By the way she looked fabulous in it!) Because the big jewelry was so much fun, this same sister and I made a pact to both wear the biggest earrings we have to the meeting this Thursday. We are both afraid to wear them, so we figure together we might be brave enough. I'll keep you posted.
(Oh and the meeting was excellent too... I was paying attention!)
Just for Darla I got a picture before leaving for the meeting. Ughh!
Thanks for the pic, you look good. I like the necklace w/ outfit too. It's so funny what people will get excited about. Let us know if you two go through with the "biggest earring" contest on Thursday night. Oh and watch out for the last song of the night, the old melody will be ingrained, no matter how many times you practice!
ReplyDeleteYou do look fantastic Jen! Did you get the necklace while visiting Lala? I cant wait to come see you and talk about everything.
ReplyDeleteLala: oh I'm wearing the earrings! The ones I'm going to wear I got back there too. They're gold and pink pearl and pink 'crystal' chandelier earrings. Have no idea what I will wear them with. A subject for deep pondering. :-P I'll have to practice the songs tomorrow. I listened to one on my iPod today when I was getting ready that used to be "Balsam of Gilead". Now its about Long-Suffering I think... none of the words the same. I was singing almost all the lyrics to myself knowing all the while I was completely wrong. This is why older people always start those stories, "Remember when..." or "Back in the old days...". Now I'm going to start sounding like that!
ReplyDeleteVal: Ya, I got the necklace in Indiana. There's a jewelry store there that is with the "Forever 21" brand, and just like the clothing store, the jewelry is all ridiculously cheap! You would love it! If you are like me, you would be like a kid in a candy store. You could gifts for all the women in your family for less than $40.