Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sad News

For those of you that know her, Esther Reynolds passed away early this morning. Even though it was expected, it is still always too soon to say goodbye. Esther faithfully was going to as many meetings as she could up until a couple of weeks ago. And always with a smile. Her emphysema had progressively become much worse, but even then she would always manage to read a scripture at the Watchtower study. We went to see Art while we were out in service today, and he's doing as well as can be expected. Exhausted, sad but a little relieved I think. There should be a memorial for her at our Kingdom Hall a week from Saturday.

Also, if anyone hears any updates from our brothers in Haiti you are welcome to post it here. I looked on a satellite map, and it looks like the branch is some miles north of where the city was hardest hit. I 'heard', from an unconfirmed source, the all in the bethel family and the 24 MTS students at the branch are all okay. But I'm sure a lot of publishers have been devastated. I'm curious if the disaster relief crews from Louisiana and Florida will be involved in any relief work or rebuilding? I hope we get to have a more active part in helping these brothers, similar to how the friends in Italy and France were able to directly provide aid to brothers in Africa. I'm sure we'll hear more in the days to come. Of course our prayers are with our 'family' there as they try to endure the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment